Our custom made wooden frame secondary glazing is of the highest quality.
By controlling the design and manufacture of the wooden frames we can accommodate and create a custom system to incorporate or be complimenting many styles and opening options for any project. We can create a hinged or sliding internal window made from timber to sit sympathetically behind the original window. This will offer significant noise reduction and improved thermal performance without the presence of inappropriate modern materials in the room.
Why choose timber windows frames for secondary glazing system:
Timber – for long-term value
Maintenance and repair of timber is both cost-effective and easy. Modern timber treatments ensure that our product will have a long life. whilst good paint systems will need no attention other than cleaning for many for those years. Repainted timber windows look as good as new and lift the appearance of any property.
If damage occurs to a timber window or door it can be easily repaired leaving no sign of the repair. It is not surprising therefore that timber is increasingly seen as the material of choice for long-term value.
Timber – natural quality
Few materials can compare when it comes to the look and feel of a good quality timber window frame. Warm to the touch and pleasing to the eye, real wood gives a sense of natural quality and durability.
- Matching/ complimentary profile to existing window frames.
- Traditional natural materials.
- Strong and durable.
- Slim profile.
- Bendable for curved and arched secondary glazing.
- Single glazed or thicker double glazed accommodation options.
- Custom hand made- Bespoke fit for purpose guaranteed.
- Supply and install service, fast and efficient low impact installation process.
- Profile flexibility, Face fit (odd leg or subframe) or reveal fix ( extended subframe options)
Thermal Insulation and draft reduction.
Secondary glazing supplies and installed by APG. Can reduce heat loss from existing single pane glazing by up to 50%. Double glazed secondary glazing, incorporating a heavy duty frame will allow a fixed unit with a low-E coating can achieve a much lower Uvlue rating for your window. Surround draught proof design will reduce unwanted air ingress.
Distributive noise levels can be a real detriment to the enjoyment of your home or working environment. Installing effective secondary glazing can be a cost effective way to significantly reduce this external nuisance. In these Situations APG can specify enhanced acoustic glass or laminated glass of 6mm plus thickness as an effective insulating secondary glazing system.
We have the Design freedom to deliver a product which is accommodating to most building styles traditional to modern contemporary.
Frame mechanical options:
Vertical sliding secondary glazing frame.
- Suitable for traditional sash windows
- Optional spring balances available to support sliding sash in any position.
- Three different frame finish options.
- Optional tilt back facility.
Horizontal sliding secondary glazing frame.
- Suitable for Casement and Ribbon windows.
- Sliding track using nylon pads or optional roller wheels.
Hinged secondary glazing frame.
- Compatible for both windows and doors.
- Butt hinged or friction hinged.
- Two optional frame finish available.
- Used where maximum ventilation is desired or for fire escapes.
Fixed double glazing secondary glazing units.
- Cost effective enhancement to bay windows characterized by a secondary glazing system.
Clear float,Obscure, privacy, decorative,textured,safety/ security glass, toughened, laminate, thermal performance or Acoustic glass.
Highest quality secondary glazing, lightweight, highly effective, with a range of option in specialist glass designed to enhance categories of acoustic, thermal or security performance.
For further information please Contact us today on 02871 357 444. -or- E-mail us.
Our Showroom and Factory are Located at the Glass works, Skeoge industrial estate Derry City Northern Ireland, we have expanded and developed both our product ranges and glazing capabilities over the years and now offer our services to all areas of Ireland, the United kingdom and internationally.